Heritage Rose Garden
The San Jose Heritage Rose Garden (HRG) is a unique collection of 3,600 antique and modern roses. Established in 1995 through an extensive community effort, the garden contains 2,600 varieties, more varieties than any other rose garden in the Western Hemisphere. The garden is open daily from dawn to dusk and there is no admission charge. Docent-led tours for pre-scheduled groups can be arranged.
While the City of San Jose supplies materials, it is maintained primarily by volunteers! Projects vary with the time of the year, but come join them every Saturday and Wednesday 8:30 to 11:30 am. The Conservancy also hosts special summer evening sessions on the second Tuesdays of June through September from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Click here to see the calendar.
- To volunteer, click here.
- NEW! On-line Catalog of roses
- Tri-fold Brochure
- Our Adopt-a-Rose program allows for individuals to adopt a rose for $50 a year.
- Map of the Garden
- Donate to the Mel Hulse Fund
- The HRG was part of a soil restoration case study…click here to read the report!
- History of the HRG
- Docent-led tours for pre-scheduled groups can be arranged, call 408-298-7657.
- South Bay Heritage Rose Group-sponsored web site of the HRG
- Article about San Jose’s two rose gardens by Beverly Rose Hopper
Help preserve a portion of the Guadalupe River by helping us collect loose litter found in the river bed brought in by the recent weather. We are l...Read More...
Help preserve a portion of the old Santa Clara Valley when orchards stretched across the valley floor. We are looking for volunteers to help ma...Read More...
Bird friendly gardens are easy to create and enjoy! Birds that visit your garden will eat pesky bugs, bathe, make nests, sing to attract mates and ...Read More...
Building and installing a birdhouse is not as simple as it may seem. The location of your residence, the layout of your garden or patio, and the ...Read More...
Every Wednesday and Saturday through the end of February. Hands-on rose pruning lessons are being offered at the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden eve...Read More...