Heritage Rose Garden
The San Jose Heritage Rose Garden (HRG) is a unique collection of 3,600 antique and modern roses. Established in 1995 through an extensive community effort, the garden contains 2,600 varieties, more varieties than any other rose garden in the Western Hemisphere. The garden is open daily from dawn to dusk and there is no admission charge. Docent-led tours for pre-scheduled groups can be arranged.
While the City of San Jose supplies materials, it is maintained primarily by volunteers! Projects vary with the time of the year, but come join them every Saturday and Wednesday 8:30 to 11:30 am. The Conservancy also hosts special summer evening sessions on the second Tuesdays of June through September from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Click here to see the calendar.
- To volunteer, click here.
- NEW! On-line Catalog of roses
- Tri-fold Brochure
- Our Adopt-a-Rose program allows for individuals to adopt a rose for $50 a year.
- Map of the Garden
- Donate to the Mel Hulse Fund
- The HRG was part of a soil restoration case study…click here to read the report!
- History of the HRG
- Docent-led tours for pre-scheduled groups can be arranged, call 408-298-7657.
- South Bay Heritage Rose Group-sponsored web site of the HRG
- Article about San Jose’s two rose gardens by Beverly Rose Hopper
Join Guadalupe River Park Conservancy for a day of environmental stewardship as we remove debris from the river channel before rain carries it t...Read More...
Help preserve a portion of the old Santa Clara Valley when orchards stretched across the valley floor. We are looking for volunteers to help ma...Read More...
Have you been considering exploring the Guadalupe River Trail but reluctant to go on your own? Guadalupe River Park Conservancy and Santa Clara...Read More...
Did you know that our Mediterranean climate is perfect for year-round gardens? Join the Guadalupe River Park Conservancy and Master Garde...Read More...
Have you ever been curious about composting, but had no idea where to start? We have four composting classes in 2014. Check out the ...Read More...